Fort Lauderdale, FL
The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting and supporting the Project Management team with planning and overseeing the project to ensure a timely, safe, successful, and cost-effective outcome. The candidate will work with their assigned project manager to help achieve their respective project management objectives.
- Assist superintendent with on-site coordination by providing required documentation and following up with subcontractors and staff on site.
- Responsible for preparing, submitting, and tracking submittals. Confirm that submittals are created and approved based on the specifications and drawing.
- Act as a liaison between the superintendent and the subcontractors in coordinating the delivery date of materials by analyzing the schedule and the required installation dates.
- Create, review, and process Request for Information (RFI).
- Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors by ensuring the adherence and compliance with safety policies and protocols. Issue safety violations and complete the weekly inspection report.
- Assist the superintendent with the schedule and update the three weeks look ahead.
- Attend the OAC and Subcontractor meetings, review, update and submit the required reports based on minutes and documentation.
- Responsible for the close-out process, including managing punch list, collecting and organizing all the required documentation, forms, transmittals, manuals, and certifications.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction, Engineering or related discipline required.
- At least two years of industry experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast pace environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.